Free machine embroidered canvas

         missprint wallpaper                                                      larder cupboard                             sketching and adding colour                                                                    
 I wanted to add more colour in my new kitchen so decided to take inspiration from my lovely missprint wallaper  www.missprint.co.uk that I used on the larder cupboard. The print is of  tropical birds and leaves so I sketched out a bird taking inspiration from their design. I considered a colour palette to go with the kitchen and started putting together some fabric samples.



fabric sampling from my colourful sketches  !

So this canvas fabric was stitched using free machine embroidery with some hand stitching             added at the end if I feel it needs it. It will then be stretched over a 3ft x 4ft canvas deep edged board and hung in my kitchen. Below is a roughly stapled piece to see how its looking.   


                                                                                                
                                
 This is going t be a work in progress so I'll show you in another blog when I'm done and I'll add a video of me stitching it. It's a beast of a piece !



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Been busy !!

I love a bit of upcycling !

Starburst mirror !